Dragon Boat Practices
Practice Season: May 1st, 2013 to September 30th, 2013
Registration for dragon boat practices at North Glenmore Park are now open.
All teams must register through the online team registration process before team are allowed to practice. All team members must also register and sign the online Padder Registration / Waiver Form before they are allowed to paddle on water.
Team Registration Process
- It is the responsibility of the primary team contact (captain, coach, manager) to complete the online Team Registration Form before any team member is allowed to register and sign Padder Registration / Waiver Form.
- Once the Team Registration Form is submitted, the primary team contact will receive three emails;
- confirming your team registration has been accepted, and instructions on how to update team information in the future. A team ID will also be assigned.
- instructions for team members to access the Padder Registration / Waiver Form
- instructions to request practice sessions
- It is advisable to keep these emails for your records.
- Your team will be assigned a Team ID and which is important to remember as this will be used to link your team members to the team's roster.
- The primary team contact will no longer be required to submit a team roster.
- CDBS will send out an electronic team roster to the primary team contact prior to start of practice season.
- Once a team member completes the Paddler Registration / Waiver Form, a confirmation email will be sent to with instructions on how to update their contact information in the future.
Captain, Coach and Steersperson Responsibility
- Complete a mandatory orientation and safety session prior to the team’s first practice. A team will not be allowed on the water until this is completed.
- Communicate the information provided in the orientation and safety session to their respective teams and any new members to the team during the practice session.
- Uphold the rules and regulations as reviewed and documented in the orientation and safety session. Failure to do so will result in possible revoking of future practices with no refund.
- Ensure ALL team members have completed and signed Paddler Registration / Waiver form online prior to participant’s first practice.
- Ensure a CDBS approved steersperson is steering each practice.
- All teams must become member of the Calgary Dragon Boat Society. Membership Fees are $5/person or $100/team annually (team consists of up to 26 members).
- Coaching fee is $60.00 per practice session. Coaches are available to teams during practice sessions, if requested.
- Steersperson fee is $60.00 per practice session. Steerspersons are available to teams during practice sessions, if required. Only CDBS approved steerspersons are allowed to steer teams during dragon boat practices.
- Each practice session costs $70.00.
- Teams returning to the dock late will be charged $70.00 per occurrence.
- All practice fees must be paid at the end of each month. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of future practices. A team may choose to pay all practice up front once their request has been confirmed.
Practice Cancellations and Refund Policies
- You require a minimum of 12 paddlers (not including the drummer and steersperson). You will not be allowed on the water if you do not meet this requirement and no refunds will be given.
- Refunds/credits will only be offered if boat patrol cancels practice prior to the team launching from the docks.
- Each team is expected to be back at the end of their time slot. Late teams may have to pay for the affected team’s practice fee and/or lose their future practice times.
- Cancellations with refund will be granted if 72 hours notice is provided in writing (email) prior to the practice.
All teams will be emailed an invoice, and payments can be made via Credit Cards or Cheques are acceptable.
- The following Credit Cards are accepted via Paypal:
Practice Times at the North Glenmore park (subject to change):
Weekday (Mon – Fri)
6:00pm – 7:15pm
6:15pm – 7:30pm
7:15pm – 8:30pm
7:30pm – 8:45pm
|Weekend (Sat – Sun)
|9:00am – 10:30am
10:30am – 12:00pm
12:00pm – 1:30pm
1:30pm – 3:00pm
3:00pm – 4:30pm
4:30pm – 6:00pm
PEAK times are Monday - Thursday
Non-PEAK times are Friday - Sunday
Practice Location and Parking Information